If you own a business, it is prudent to have an ecommerce website to attract more customers to come and check out the things you offer. Many people are still afraid to go out and having an online shop allows your customers to know what’s new in your store. Having ample ecommerce traffic can help increase your sales. What should you do if you are not getting sufficient traffic to your site or already seeing a decline in your traffic?
Having a wonderful website is not enough to attract customers or visitors to drop by your ecommerce website and check out the products and/or services that you offer. It doesn’t matter whether you are trying to lure in your first customer or the thousandth; generating more ecommerce traffic should be one of your primary concerns in making your business flourish.
Important Things that You Need to Know To Increase Ecommerce Traffic
Having a good amount of traffic to your website is just the start. You should not expect your sales to increase right away just because you have ample ecommerce traffic. There are certain things that you need to provide your customers to make them buy your products and services, keep them coming back for more, and invite their friends to check out your ecommerce website.
You need to consider the following:
– Present a good, useful product to your customers.
A good product is something that your customers find useful and beneficial. It must pass the customers’ cost-benefits analysis. Otherwise, don’t expect your customers to buy anything or come back again. When that happens, it will leave a negative impact on your ecommerce traffic.
– The products or services you offer should have a large market, to begin with.
A group of people who are already spending money to buy certain types of products is known as the market. If there are a lot of people who buy the types of products that you sell on your ecommerce website, it would be easy for you to attract your target customers and increase your ecommerce traffic. Of course, you need a good campaign to let your potential customers know about the existence of your business website and your products or services.
– There should be some compelling stories, articles, or copies on your website.
When you post articles or blogs on your website, make sure that they are relevant to your products or services and useful to your target audience. Your content should entice the visitors to come and check out your website. The product pitch should resonate with your visitors and make them buy the things that you offer.
– Find a cost-effective social media marketing to promote your goods and services.
Take advantage of social media advertising to reach out to many customers to enhance your ecommerce traffic. The different social media platforms offer different ad campaign packages that you can choose from. Choose the one that can help you reach your goal without the need to spend more.
Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Ecommerce Website
There are different ways to gain sufficient ecommerce traffic to your website to keep it alive and earning. Some methods may require a small amount of money to give your better results.
1. Consider running paid ad campaigns on different social media platforms.
Among the social media platforms, Facebook and Instagram get the most number of users. Other social platforms that you may consider include LinkedIn, Snapchat, Twitter, and Pinterest. If your budget only allows you to advertise on one social media platform, your best bet is Facebook. However, if you need great visuals for the things you want to promote, you may want to try Instagram to get the ecommerce traffic that you want.
Even though Facebook has the most number of users, the other platforms have their audience to target. According to the data that PEW Research Center obtained in a survey that they conducted in 2019, the following are the results.
– Most men engage more in Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
– Most women engage more in Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
– Men and women ages between 18 and 29 engage more in Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
– Men and women ages between 30 and 49 engage more in Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
– Men and women ages between 50 and 64 engage more in Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
– Men and women ages between 65 and older engage more in Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
– White men and women engage more in Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
– Black men and women engage more in Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
– Hispanic men and women engage more in Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
– Some college students engage more in Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Based on the given data, you should be able to decide where to spend your money to gain effective social media ad campaigns. The given data can help you draw a plan to increase your ecommerce traffic. You also need to keep these in mind:
– Facebook can help you target users based on location, behavior, interests, and more.
– Instagram can help you create a video, photo, and others.
– Pinterest is well-received by groups that are interested in landscaping, renovating, decorating, and other similar activities.
2. Tell your friends and family to like and share your posts on social media sites.
Your friends and family can help you a lot when they share the things you post on your social media accounts like Facebook and Instagram. Many people will get to see your posts once your friends and family share them with their circle of social media friends. This can help improve your ecommerce traffic.
However, you need to be careful when asking your friends and family to like a particular page. It may look harmless since everyone is doing it, and it is fine to like your page as long as they create proper engagement. If they just like your page but don’t engage with the content about the products or services that you offer, your organic reach suffers a lot and so does your ecommerce traffic.
The low percentage of engagement is a sign that people are not interested in your content, and the algorithm will treat it as something unimportant and will stop showing it frequently. You will not be able to reach out to those who are interested to buy your goods.
3. Write blog posts regularly and make sure to keep and follow a schedule for posting.
When you write blog posts, you should remember these:
– Post regularly to make your audience come back for more.
– Establish yourself as the authority on the subject by giving beneficial tips and information about the product and the industry where your products belong.
– Keep every post relevant to your brand and products.
– Make sure that it is fresh content and timely.
– Don’t discuss an irrelevant topic for the sake of posting something.
– Hire a content or blog writer if you think that you will not be able to release a post on time.
– Avoid copying the content of others and treat it as your own. Google will penalize you when you failed to follow the rules regarding originality. It will also affect your ecommerce traffic.
4. Get to know some of the influencers that can help you promote your ecommerce website.
You can send free samples of your products to Instagram influencers who are highly trusted by their followers. Instagram is one of the most effective marketing avenues to gain ample ecommerce traffic. At least 30 percent of Instagram users buy products that their trusted influencers have recommended or used. Instead of accessing the audience of the influencer, you can suggest collaboration with the influencer in promoting your products.
Before that, you need to make sure that you are making a deal with the right influencer. Consider asking the following questions:
– Does the influencer look like someone who can be your customer and use your product?
– Does the influencer have good engagement rates that have multiple comments in each of her/his post?
You may need to work with more than one influencer to make your campaign more effective. But, you also need to make sure that you will not waste money when you send a sample of your product to the right influencer.
5. Make things exciting and interesting with giveaways, contests, promos, and discounts.
Giveaways and contests are great tactics that you can use to gain more ecommerce traffic, enhance social media engagement, and attract more followers on Instagram. When you give freebies or run a contest, most users start to share the information after they finished their registration.
You can also offer time-sensitive discounts to make your target customers act right away and place their orders. When people learn about the limited-time discount on the products that they can use or think of using, they tend to grab the opportunity to buy the products right away and boost your ecommerce traffic.
6. Use video to entertain and educate your customers.
Many customers prefer to watch a tutorial when using a certain product, especially if it is quite difficult to assemble. You can prepare a YouTube tutorial video that teaches your customers about the things that they need to know about your product.
You may also opt to create a video that intends to entertain, but you need to make sure that it will help boost your ecommerce traffic and not the other way around. You may use any of the following types of content for your video:
Your audience should find the videos fun and interesting. You will be able to capture the attention of viewers and divert it to your products to enhance your ecommerce traffic.
If you want to communicate your brand and inspire your viewers, you can consider telling a story in your video. Be sure that it is nothing like a boring documentary that may only make your viewers sleepy. They will not be able to understand what you want to tell them when they have fallen asleep already. It will not help boost your ecommerce traffic.
Informational or educational videos are intended to teach or introduce new skills to the audience and build trust. As much as possible, use your product as the focal point of the solution to the problem. Educate your audience regarding the things that your products can do without creating a sort of hype to avoid creating a negative effect on your ecommerce traffic.
7. Make SEO (search engine optimization works for you.
SEO can help you fine-tune your ecommerce website to enhance the chances of occupying the top spot on the search results for your target keywords. To gain success in SEO for targeted keywords, you need to keep the following in mind:
– Make sure that you are posting original content with the right keyword placement.
– It should be readable and coherent.
– Always check the latest rules on the current search engine algorithm to avoid being penalized.
– Avoid black hat SEO.
– Include quality backlinks to boost ecommerce traffic to your site.
You may also consider writing quality snippets to gain a better advantage over your competitors.
8. Make sure that you have a fast-loading, responsive website.
Every page of your website must load fast to avoid losing your visitors and potential customers. You may need to consult your web developer in case a certain page takes too long to load. Once the visitor got tired of waiting, he/she will surely click on the next one on the list and leave your website for good.
You also need to make sure that your website is responsive. What does this mean? Your website must adapt easily to any screen size when your customers try to access your site using a different device. For example, we have a client who does contractor painting Sacramento, but his site ran too slow, so he lost a lot of business because of customers clicking away. If your customer is using a desktop pc, he/she should see the same layout or screen view when accessing your website through his/her mobile device.
It is also important to keep the design user-friendly for easy navigation and access. No one will stay on a website that is too complicated to navigate or too confusing. Remember that other ecommerce websites offer the same products or services that you sell. You may have high-quality products to offer, but your customers will not be interested to know about it when they cannot access the website right away.
These are some of the most effective ways to boost your ecommerce traffic. You may discover some other ways, but you may need to spend more money to use them for your benefit.